Welcome to our home...... (Wayne must approve of you first)
I thought I would start out by showing the second worst room in the house. (The first is my art studio, but that might take months to get through!) The Family Room. It's downstairs and this is about 1/3 of it. There is a little reading nook around the corner, a bathroom, TV/entertainment area, a closet for all the games and toys, along with what you see here, the kids library and homework station. I have alot to do still with unpacking and organizing, but the kids love this room, it's all theirs.
This is one of the walls in Bill's office, (I mean his "cave"), and I love this painting he bought in China. We just picked it up from being framed last night, it is pretty big, and he LOVES it. If you google "Chinese art Yue Minjun" or "Chinese smiling man art" it might come up. :)
This is a view of part of our back yard. Our front yard is much larger, but this is where the kids love to practice soccer and play under the deck that wraps around the side of the house. It's hard to see clearly, but we loved how the property is all landscaped already, and other than the lawn, it's pretty self-maintaining.
The next few pictures are of my favorite parts of the house, (for now, until I get my art studio set up). The previous owners took out the wall and opened everything up when they renovated this part of the house. I have fabric laying all over the place and clipped onto the curtains while I try to figure out what I'm going to use as far as fabric and color goes. I am also waiting for a china hutch to surface on ksl.com, hence the use of garage utility shelves for china dishes. :)


5 comments:
Great House!! I'm excited to see it. Isn't it a great feeling to get things put together? I know it all comes slowly, but the initial unpacking is nice! I hope everything continues to go well with your unpacking! Good luck!
It's wonderful for you guys to finally have that sense of being settled! You deserve it. And I COMPLETELY agree about the trees. I love mature trees and would give almost anything to have them!!!!
Jme
it's so fun to have you close by!!!! i love your home and how cozy it all feels. nice job :)
I really love ur new home tara it looks so inviting and cozy. i looked at these pics with enos and linds before we left and i said the same thing. i love older homes SO much more than the new "box" homes they make now. i can't wait to have my own.....someday......
u have done a really good job Tara i must say!... things look lot better and in place ... i really like ur home! it looks all so bright and cozy...
i hope it all stays well for u as far as ur unpacking and settling up goes and m sure u must be pretty settled by now... :)..All the best!
Post a Comment