Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Out of the Closet"

So, I have this dirty little secret. I am a daddy's girl and I love his shirts. I never pack PJ's when I go home to visit, I just rummage through my dad's T-shirt drawer and wear an old comfy shirt of his. (my dad has a habit of keeping shirts for somewhere around 30+ years) Well here is my little secret, I STEAL them whenever I can. I have a little collection of my dad's old t-shirts. Crazy huh? And the worst part is, I have brought my daughter in on the scandal. When we woke up this morning, I had to laugh, we both had on the SAME stolen shirt from my dad. I took one knowing he had two of these, (from a scout camp years ago). Somehow when she borrowed one to sleep in as well, it must have made it's way in our suitcase and back home with us. So I had to take a picture this morning, finally admit my shame, and come out of the closet with it. :)


It is rare that I will expose myself in all my puffy-eyed, early-morning-glory. But this is me.
(See Jess? Your eye bags have nothing on mine!)

3 comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

Oh my gosh Tara, you're gorgeous without makeup and with the fresh morning face so shutup!!

I love the shirt stealing story. I used to do that a long time ago but stopped sometime back...I had forgotten how cozy (and cold...you know what I mean?) my dad's shirts were, thanks for the memory!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

That is a great story! You're right, there is nothing like Dad's t-shirt or flannel pants to really make you feel comfy!!

Jamie and Family said...

that is so funny. And guess what I have still? A pair of cut off shorts that we made in high school from a 30 year old pair of your dad's jeans!!!!!