Friday, August 17, 2007

Flashback Friday - Happy 10th Birthday Jade!

Things I love about Jade........


If anyone has heard Jade laugh, she has an infectious laugh, we just love it.


Even when she is unhappy, she is still cute.

Surprisingly, she used to LOVE pink. I love that she gave me the time to be a mom of a pink princess, and now I get to be a mom of the most creative, diverse, and independent individual who does NOT like pink.

But she has ALWAYS been unique in her choice of fashion expression and being silly.

Jade loves to dance and be with her friends, I love the lack of inhibition, she will just let loose if the mood strikes her.

She is always creative, artistic, and thoughtful, this is the first cake she decorated for her brother when she was 6 and it was his 1st birthday.

Jade has always loved animals, she is very sensitive to how they are treated and what happens to them. She is especially interested in horses, but most of you know that already. :)


She has a sweet spirit about her and deep faith.

I love the tender relationship she has with her dad, she has been a daddy's girl from day one.

I love what a big help she is to me with her younger brothers, I know even though they fight half the time, she loves them and will always look out for them.




She has been on a computer since she was 18 mo old, sometimes I think she understands it better than I do. She is quite witty, just check out her blog and you will see evidence of her computer skills and her humor.

She has loved school since she started pre-K. It is rare when I need to bug her about her homework.



I am so grateful for the blessing of having Jade for a daughter, it has been one of the major highlights of my life, and continues to be every day.

It has been the greatest delight to watch her grow and develop.

She will always be our princess, even if she never sets a toe in a frilly pink dress ever again. What a girl!

We love you so much Jade, and we are SO proud of the unique little lady you are!

2 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

Great post and tribute to a great girl. Jade is amazing. And so are you!!! Happy Bday Jade!!!

Jamie

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

That is SO precious Tara. You have such a beautiful daughter inside AND out. I'm sure it has a lot to do with her great mother though!!