Monday, April 7, 2008

I missed it again!

Once again, we had a family get-together, and I did not take any pictures! It was a really great sunday, Enos, Lindsay, Mica, and Matt, came over to watch conference, play StarWars Legos, and eat food. :) I LOVE having them all over! Enos and Lindsay are moving about 10 min away next month, we are all SUPER excited to have them close for a little while before they head off into the world to seek their fortune.

Conference was uplifting, as usual. (LDS General Conf, held twice a year) I especially liked Elder Ballard's talk to young mothers, and I thought of how blogging is helping me to cherish the moments with my kids. They will one day be able to look back at my "journaling" and pictures, and it will bring back memories of the "little things" that are sometimes so easy to forget. Things I never wrote down with Jade and Josh, I am doing with Eddie through blogging. I think this is a great use of modern technology.

I also LOVED Pres Monson's last address. What a great man he is! I felt renewed and ready to move forward in my life. I love his sense of humor, it would be so cool to just sit and talk with him. This was a good weekend.

Since I flaked on taking pictures of this weekend's events, I will leave you with a few cute ones of Eddie. He normally pulls EVERYTHING out of the kitchen drawers, but yesterday he found out they are ALSO fun to climb into. I just bought a bag full of baby-locks......... it's about that time.


5 comments:

Alex :) said...

What a box of treasure!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Hey, I too loved the talk for the Mothers. I think you and I should take the advice given and get some time to ourselves and have a girls night out!! Have a great day!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i think eddie needs me to hug him.

Vagabond Mother said...

I love big t-shirts on little bodies. That's the best.

Lindsay said...

it was SOOOO much fun. :) i felt really refreshed afterwards too but that could be because i got so much sleep... ha. :) thanks for having us over.. i'm sure it's stressful but we really have fun when we visit!!