Friday, April 11, 2008

The GOOD kind of pink

I love Jade, I LOVE how she is growing into such an amazing young woman. I love how she is so responsible, other people can depend on her for help.

She is getting the reputation of being the neighborhood pet babysitter. Tonight, as one of our neighbors were showing her what's what for her next babysitting job, they gave her this REALLY nice ski helmet and goggle set.

The first thing my very honest daughter said was, "Thank you, but to be honest, I really don't like pink". (I nearly died at that moment, I explained to her later how to accept a "pink" gift)

But our neighbor explained it was not just "pink", it was for Breast Cancer Awareness.

OK, that is the COOL pink that Jade said later, she will wear with PRIDE. Not just because it is a good cause, but in honor of her favorite cancer survivor, Grandma Alex.

So here is Jade, all ready for the ski day with her dad tomorrow, wearing, of all things....... something PINK. But it's the GOOD kind of PINK.



2 comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

That's hilarious! It IS the good kind of pink. I want to get the kitchen aid mixer in the cancer pink and all the other kitchen utensils they have in that collection.

Carlotta said...

That made me laugh. I have started to be ok with pink too. It just gets so overboard sometimes. That is a great payment for animal sitting. Way to go Jade.