One of my good friends from our time in Spain, Jackie, stopped by for a visit on thursday. I saw her in Vegas as they were passing through, and it has been a while. She has the most adorable baby boy, a much long awaited miracle. (13 yrs between her two boys) Her husband was the LDS branch president at Rota Naval base where Josh was born. They, along with some other (Navy) church members, were like our family, and we visited with them every time we traveled to Rota. (we were the only LDS family on Moron AB and the local area, we spent 2 years going to the nearest church in spanish, so the members at Rota were a major life-line for me) It was a short visit, Bill and I had missed the big get-together with some of the other Rota families who were in the area the day before, but I am SO grateful I got to spend some time with Jackie before she heads off to Guam for 4 yrs. I miss how people bond when living overseas away from "American" comforts and family. Not quite the same here in the States, just different. Good friends are such a blessing!
Monday, March 24, 2008
A sweet little reunion
Ok, a little off-subject......
some of you have asked about Eddie, that he looks "normal". He kind of does, but he is 1 yr old here, baby Jonathan is 4 mo. and they are about 2 lbs different. Jonathan's dad is NOT nearly 6'8". (Eddie really should be a bigger boy) His doctor called me today to give me some of the test results that have come back. He said they are "interesting" results, and do not quite fit together, but are not major. He is going to do some more research, as well as hope for more info from the tests that are still pending, and get back to me tomorrow or wed. It's nothing big, we probably just need to change his diet, and then the doctor is confident he will start growing like he should. :) Thank you for your concerns and questions. He really is fine overall, it's nothing big, I am SO thankful there is not something major going on.
Posted by
Tara
at
6:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
That is great you got to see your friend! I love that picture of Eddie!! His eyes look so great and his expression looks so pure and innocent. He is so cute!! I am happy that he will be okay, he's a sweetheart!
I'm not a doctor, but remember too how strange and renegade genes can be. My 5'10 father has a 6'8 son! Eddie is so gorgeous and you are amazing for following through so well. Ray will have a crooked head for life because of my skills!
The military life seems so interesting and adventurous. Is it a shock to adjust back from it all?
Janae, a "shock" is not exactly how I would put it, but close. It is just so different. When they say that military prepares you for "real life"...... not quite true. One builds strength through adversity and learns to adjust to change, if that is preparation for life, but it is so different, and we are having a hard time adjusting to this new "change", it's just so different!
Glad that Eddie is going to be OK.
Justin wanted me to remind you that he was LDS and on Moron AB! He was afraid that you forgot about him! :)
Good to hear your lil' Eddie is doing well. I would be worried too if my lil' babe wasnt growing. Or it could of been that time I spent with the milk man ;)...(who happend to be a short man...hummmm) heheh just pulling your chain! Eddie is seriously the cutest lil' guy...and I hope his health gets better and better!
i like janae's comment and your reply. how are things with ya'lls dilemma on what to do?? I know you miss that life and i'm sure spending time with a friend still in it brings back a lot of memories.
Post a Comment