Sunday, January 3, 2010

CHEWY!!! and Jelly Belly Factory!

Don't let this cool face fool you. He is excited to have his very own pet. Josh was jumping up and down when I agreed to drive an hour to pick up this particular rat. (he had a good reputation, wouldn't you do the same?)

Besides, he fits.....see? He is perfect, all strapped in between Eddie and Josh. We love "Chewy". (Star Wars is in Josh's blood)

And look at that face, who could resist!?!


Since we were in the area, we decided to stop by the Jelly Belly factory. (AND our cute little rat was unexpectedly free, so the kids had extra money to spend on jelly beans;)
*THANK YOU SARA!!*

I forgot to pack a stroller and it was past nap time. Being me, (and not caring if people stared like I was a crazy person trying to pack a huge kid too old for a bottle), I took two long-sleeved shirts, tied them together, and made a makeshift-carrier for Eddie.

Josh is just letting the excitement build, it takes a while for it to show on this kid.

YEEEEAH....baby of the family.
The sling-thing did the job, just don't ask how my shoulders were feeling by the end of the tour.
Jade was my helper, she is the BEST! I can't tell you how much I love this beautiful girl. Metal mouth and all.

oohhh, THERE it is! The excitement is starting to show.
Yay, something gluten-egg-dairy-free AND sweet!
shhhh....gotta organize.



My boys....what a day.

We thought it would be safer with Potter, if Chewy is safely in a ball when he is out of Joshy's room, so we made a quick stop at PetsMart. This ball seems perfect. And did you know they make a harness and leash for rats!?! SO cool, rats have come along way in being a respected pet, haven't they?
Can you guess who will be "walked" into the classroom on friday for show-and-tell?

This was a fun day. I needed to get out of town and do something fun. Well, back to boxes and work. :)

5 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

how fun!!! I've always wanted to go there! Let's do that one time!

And you are so funny, a makeshift sling!!! I would have (of course) never thought of that!! Don't worry about your youngest being the baby...mine is too. Sorry, can't help it!

Sara Denn said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Hope your shoulders have recovered!

Randy, Jenny and Blake said...

Got your message about visiting....we happened to be in Vacaville/Fairfield on Jan 2nd visiting the Jelly Belly store/Nut Tree! Sorry to have missed you guys, see you soon.

Randy

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i'm so glad that eddie still has a bottle. i was feeling really crappy about isaak still having one. now i know i've got at least a year before i gotta take it away! yipeeee!!!!! *wink*

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun at the Jelly Belly Factory! and that you have a new pet. he seems sweet. i'll have to meet him. Maybe he can be my mascot as i paint joshie's walls.