I do not have any pictures from Friday night, but it was significant, so I will add that really quick. Jade babysat the boys with her little friend from her primary class while Bill, Enos, Lindsay, and I went to see Dark Knight on IMAX. (which was awesome btw!) Leaving the boys with a 10 yr old and 11yr old for 4 hrs was a bit scary at first, but they did an amazing job. We paid Josh to be good, so other than Eddie's blow-out diaper, they all had a blast. Heading into the teenage years is sometimes stressful, but it sure has it's perks! Thank you Jade!!!
I have already done posts about some of my dearest friends, so knowing that I will repeat myself, here I go.... :)
Jamie is my oldest friend, since we were 1 yrs old. Our moms are best friends, and even though we only spent 5 years living in the same town, we have build a deep friendship that feels more like family and just as lasting. She and her husband, Tucker, live in CA, so we do not get to see them that often. One of the things I love about our friendship, is that our ENTIRE family are all friends together, our kids and our husbands. That's hard to find. I feel very blessed, that my two oldest and best friends in the world, have "significant others" who mesh well with mine. (Andrea, I'm still waiting for those pictures from your visit!)
We had a fabulous Saturday. Jamie and Tucker are here in Utah and came by for the day. As soon as the "half tour" of the house was done, the guys took off for a movie and lunch, while Jay and I stayed home with the kids. Like their last visit, Jade took over the kids so Jamie and I could hang out and talk. We love you Jade and appreciate you SO SO much!
She started out with painting flowers on all the pretty little nails she could. That's my artistic Jade! Jade is like a big sister to Jamie's girls, Jordyn and Lexi. I don't think they mind one bit.
Josh couldn't take the nail painting, so he hung out with one of his buddies, Lego Indiana Jones.
Next, they moved the artistic groove they were on, into the kitchen. Jade made salt dough for everyone, and they spent the next hour making little treasures. Does my daughter rock or what!?!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
A great Saturday
Posted by
Tara
at
6:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
oh my gosh love that red hair..i want red head babies :( btw tara you look fabulous in that pic.
i can't believe jade made salt dough... and by herself? amazing... that girl's gonna be a TERRIFIC mom... someday... in the VERY distant future. and jamie's kids? oh my ridiculously cute... honestly... i'm gonna have to go steal those babies... they are TOO precious.
i already wrote this on jamie's site, but i just think it is sooo neat that you guys have such a special friendship, with so much history! to maintain a relationship like that for so long is a pretty cool thing in and of itself! you two are pretty much sisters! how special!! and i love how your daughter is sooo helpful and so good with the younger kids!
thanks so much for the comment about the wrap, too, by the way. i would love to come down sometime and check out fabrics because i really think i need to get one of those! they sound sooo cool! i am down your way quite often, so maybe we can arrange a get together sometime! i would love that! let me know!
That redhead is a doll! and Tara you are adorable :)
hahah ok sorry I didnt read my sisters comment before I wrote mine...and we wrote the same thing!! Twinnnnnns :)
Tara!
You left a comment on my blog a bit ago, and I was so happy to hear from you! I've been checking your blog since but shamefully have not been good at leaving comments...(I have that challenge with everyone)....:( Anyway, it looks like you are all doing well! I know this is way behind, but I LOVE your hair!!! LOVE it. It's perfect on you.
Post a Comment