This is what I had to buy, (along with a CO2 detector), to pass my inspections for my business licence. The fire extinguisher I had before was too small. So I am just waiting on the paper work to go through, which it will now that I have taken care of all the requirements, and it will be official. I will be a small business owner!
We had Enos, Lindsay, Mica, and Matt over on Sunday. Josh did some of his "special tricks" for everyone. This kid is incredibly flexible. He can hold out both this arms, and rotate them 180 degrees, (which looks pretty freaky), and then bend at the elbow in a very twisted, backwards greeting. He think he is awesome. We all kinda do too. :)
Eddie LOVES his "nana". He is all wet and dirty from being outside with me while I worked on the yard and watered plants. He got a little watered himself. I think he signs for banana a dozen times a day, but we try to limit him to 3 or 4 that he actually eats.
The brown was getting to me, so I just started painting. :)
It's a pale robbins egg blue, color. When I'm done with the flowers, I'm going to cover the whole thing with a glaze the same color, and do a linen drag technique, so it will look like linen wallpaper with a hint of a funky floral design underneath. It's hard to tell, and the frame is covering part of the design, (I removed it after taking this picture), but it's kind of a crawling painting. It starts on the side and the design kind of "crawls" along both sides of the wall. I'm not going to add more lines, just a few more flowers and that's it.
I have only done this a few times in my marriage, (stress painting on walls), but I think this one has more potential than in the past, and I'm kind of glad I was able to vent on my wall. :)
BTW- Josh took this picture. Jade and Morgan were making salt-dough Japanese food props for a film they were making, and Josh lined up every webkinz we had in the house for a photo shoot.
Also, if you are interested in the new projects I have been working on for the upcoming boutiques, check out my art blog.


6 comments:
WOW!! It seems like I am always say "You are so talented" in all my comments, but it's true! Next time you get stressed PLEASE come to my house and take it out on my walls, really, your wall is so beautiful!! Every house should have some of your art in it!! So great!!
Are you serious? Oh my gosh. Tara, that is so awesome. People buy vinyl like that, but to have it actually hand painted is amazing and beautiful!!!!!! What a great way to take out your stress. I love it so much!
I wish you could take your stress out on my entire house.
What a gift you have.
Oh my goodness LOVE IT!! You did it once again Tara...being all wonderful at art and being all creative! Pshhh I want to be you! Cant wait to see the final project!
i love eddie eating his "nana".... honestly... is there anything cuter? i believe not.
This may be redundant but WOW. Your art is incredible and your talent is to be admired.
I am glad we are able to keep tabs on one aother through the blog network.
I love the wall it looks to good! I have some walls for you to paint ;0)
Post a Comment