Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July!

Bill took the kids camping on Thurs, literally 12 miles from our front door to the campsite. It's pretty cool to live so close to such beautiful mountains after all the time we spent living in "cities". Bill and the kids hiked up to some waterfalls, it was a pretty good hike, but they made it. Eddie and I joined up for dinner and smores before we went back home to our nice (un-deflating) beds. :)
Little Eddie being very independent and walking ahead of me towards the campsite.

Our campsite was surrounded!


This little chipmunk LOVED the kids carrots. He slowly became more friendly and bold as the kids were dropping carrots for him, (and his entire family who showed up later). He even tried to take off with Eddie's bottle by biting the nipple and dragging it off!

Eddie LOVES marshmallows, as you can see by his gooey hands.
It's hard to see, but Jade made the most PERFECT golden marshmallow I think is possible for a 10yr old. She was proud, so was I.

We are back for the 4th of July, and the kids LOVED the fireworks show put on by dad.


What better way to top off the evening than with Jello-cake!
My parents came up on Saturday and helped BIG TIME around the house. My dad started building a beautiful raised bed for my herb garden. I will post pictures after next weekend when everything is done. I still need one more week to get my room all sorted, it's just taking me so long to sort through boxes I have not touched in YEARS. That's just sad. Plus, it looks like it's going to take a little more to start a "business", so please forgive my blog neglect. :)

3 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

I want your dad to build ME a raised garden! I've been day dreaming of it lately, and I have no idea how to start. Did you take pics of the process? He is so good at that!!!!!!

Aurie Jenkins said...

ITs simply beautiful there. I want to live somewhere like that so badly. One of these days if we ever get out of here. That chimpunk is so cute. I remember squirrels stealing sandwiches and stuff when I was a kid. Its so fun to go camping. It sounds like the kids had a blast too!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Hmmmmmm... I'm thinking we need to try this Jello Cake... It must be pretty good if you're making it all the time!!! Happy Fourth!