Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A bit of "mother-journaling"

I just have to post this, since this blog is becoming my only form of journaling what goes on with my kids. Jade is the only one with a very simple baby-book. Poor Josh has nothing. At least Eddie gets this blog we will download at some point and keep as memories.

So some little sweet moments I want to treasure........

I do not know if a little boy could possibly be ANY sweeter with his mommy. My angel-heart Joshy is ALWAYS looking to please me. At any moment, while I'm in the kitchen, even if I'm doing something for just a minute, he will drag a stool behind me and start giving me "mashazes" on my back or a head rub. I LOVE the feel of his small fingers, not really doing much since he hardly applies any pressure, kind of just squeezing my shoulders in the same spot, or messing up my hair in some crazy fashion while he gives me a head "mashaze". "Is this belaxing for you mom?, does this help you feel better?" It is just the sweetest thing for me.

He is CONSTANTLY insisting that he can help me do ANYTHING, just so he can be near me, and lets me know why...... "mommy, your my LOVE, and I'm your mamas-boy". (he is OK with Eddie being my "mamas-baby-boy".


Almost daily, he comes up to me, telling me to close my eyes, and presents me with yet another treasured work of art.......... he just created......... and it's JUST for me.

My favorite thing about dropping off for school in the morning is the daily exchange between Josh and I. He always has to blow me a kiss, make sure I "catch" it in my hand, then I have to blow him a kiss which he in turn catches. Then he usually says something so sweet like, "Mom, take care of yourself, have a good nap, have a great day, take care of Eddie, and mom...I love you"

The other sweet thing he said to me this week, he was leaving to go the the neighbor’s house, and he came back in really quick at the door, and called out....."mom, mom....keep this in your mind.....I love you".

Also, I am still in love with his "huggies and kissies" every night before I go to work, as he hands me a sandwich baggie he filled with different things for me to have for my "lunch" during my break. It is usually filled with a combination of pretzels, dried fruit, cheese sticks, granola bar, and baby carrots, all in the same bag, (although tonight I found a PEZ dispenser tossed in there as well!), with a separate bag half-way holding a bottled water. He feels this is such an important service for me, he even asks if I'm going to work on the weekends so he can prepare my "lunch".


I get sad at the thought that my "mamas-boy" might someday not want to be mine!

*I know this may be boring to some of you, but I don't want to forget these things. so you just have to put up with this post, and a future one I will do about Jade. :)

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! :)

6 comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

I don't have to "put up" with this entry, i LOVED it. It reminds me of Jake because he is always being so sweet to me and hugging me all the time. We too have our ritual when I drop him off at school and it breaks my heart EVERY day when I have to leave him. Kora on the other hand barely remembers to kiss or hug me goodbye and never looks back and she walks inside. I just love boys and how they love their moms SO much, it's the sweetest thing ever and reading your post made my heart tingle. Thanks for sharing.

Shari said...

OK, I am in tears! What a sweet boy! You are one lucky mommy to have him, and he will make a wonderful husband someday. Please keep sharing such sweet memories, I love to hear them.

Jamie and Family said...

Not boring whatsoever!!! These are precious, unique things about Josh! What a sensitive boy!!!!!

Vagabond Mother said...

so very sweet... What an amazing little boy!

Chris Grover said...

Are you kidding? That was in NO way boring! What a completely SWEET little guy! It must melt your heart on a regular basis! That is really so cute and good that you wrote that down. Someday (teenage years, maybe?!) you may have to look at that to remind yourself of what a sweetie he is!

Lindsay said...

this is so sweet. i love joshie's tender ways of showing his love. It's so subtle but so meaningful :)