Ok, I didn't want to look too cheesy, but I kind of wish I had an "action" picture instead of a posed one. So this is where I work. I was going to teach art lessons in my home, but changed my mind. It may pay better to teach, but I did not want the added stress. (I know, I'm a wimp) But I really have too much stress in my life as it is, and planning lessons, finding students, advertising, finding child-care, etc, felt like too much for right now. Believe it or not, aside from having to rearrange my sleep schedule a bit, I have found I feel a little more happy with my break from motherhood 5 nights a week. :)
I actually LOVE my job, it's super close, in the shopping center a few blocks from my street, perfect hours in the late evening, M-F, at a super cool store I love to be in, a new store so it's really clean with great people, it's a break from the house, and it's an active job so I get a bit of a work-out as well, and it's a fun job for me to do. Alyse gave me this necklace to go with my new outfit for work. I went to Plato's Closet, it's a really cool consignment shop with pretty trendy clothes, and I stocked up on comfy shirts and jeans. It's kind of like Buffalo Traders in Vegas, but not as punk. (Lindsay, if you have never been there, I am taking you next time you come.) So I do not normally wear this much jewelry to work, but I thought, what the heck, why not be a bit "sassy" at work once in a while. (while I drive a forklift!) :) Thank you Alyse, once again, for the inspiration!
I plan on doing this job until Bill is a bit more established career-wise, the kids are all in school, and then I want to head back to school myself and study art. That's my plan. So for now, this is me, a happy full-time mom with a part-time job I love. :)
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Did you know, the average Home Depot associate walks 8-10 miles a day?
Posted by
Tara
at
8:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
You look great! It gets interesting finding work when you have kids, right? Now we know where to go to see you!
th pictures aren't popping up for me so i'll have to check back later.
i know what you mean about not wanting to teach and have the added stress. there's something relaxing about having a job you can go to, and then leave there until next time...ahhh.
I am a Home Depot supporter all the way! My dad is a manager here in the st.george home depot. Love it...orange is a good color for you :)
Cool! Good for you :-) Love the pic. I can totally picture you at Home Depot. You can be both artsy, and Ron-like!!
oh tara, you are truly at Home! This is the perfect job for you!! I am sure the customers love you and that you do a great job there. Thanks for EVERYTHING!!!!!
Post a Comment