OK, here are the final paint jobs, as well as the decorating job the kids and I did. It's not major, we have kept it simple this year. But it does feel like home for us, finally!
Matt and Josh in the kitchen. Josh just bought himself another Webkinz, (the new BIG thing around here), and he is SO proud since he worked hard to earn every penny for these things.
Also, for paint, we continued the 3 shades of brown thing we were doing in the joining living room. I still think it's alot of brown, but next year when I get around to it, I think we just need to revamp some of our decorations to add more color. :)

Our favorite part of the paint job, the stripe that wraps around the wall and is finished off with distressed black moulding. (I LOVE having a neighbor who is an interior decorator, sure comes in handy! THANK YOU ALYSE!)
Our favorite part of the paint job, the stripe that wraps around the wall and is finished off with distressed black moulding. (I LOVE having a neighbor who is an interior decorator, sure comes in handy! THANK YOU ALYSE!)
The colors did not come in that great with our camera, but the blue is kind of like a very muted slate-dusty-teal, and the yellow is a very pale khaki. It actually picks up the bricks and the grey grout pretty good, the picture doesn't really show that.
Also, another brilliant Alyse suggestion was going to DI and picking up a bunch of super cheap vintage suitcases and using them as toy storage instead of the plastic bins. With the plastic bins, Bill felt like he was in a pre-school room instead of our playroom/family entertainment room. :)


6 comments:
the basement looks great, and for those who haven't seen the reddish in person; it is yummy enough to eat!! it is the perfect color!!!!
i looks great. I really like what you've done to the place. I LOOVE the vintage suitcase idea. I am TOTALLY doing that with MY kids' stuff!!! Nice job tara, i know it was stressful for you... i'm SURE your WONDERFUL brothers would LOOOVE to paint the bathrooms for you. ;)
I really love it! I wanna copy the suitcase thing, that's really fun! i can't believe you did all that work, no wonder you were MIA for a while!
Everything looks so great! I think you are super mom!
Well little Tara my super woman girl! I am once again, so very proud to be your mom in law! You just do it all right, and are such a good example to Dad and I! Love your new blog colors too, as well as your whole house colors! Great job - how do you do it all. Not stop awhile, and enjoy the holidays and your family, I command you!!!! Mom D.
What a beautiful home! Girl, you have so much talent!
Post a Comment