1. I decided to pass on 95% of my Christmas gifts and cards this year, I am only giving to my assigned family members, and I still feel overwhelmed with just that little bit. I really do miss making and giving gifts, but this is just one of those years when it's simply not going to happen.
2. I am going to do something I swore I would never do, send out an email Christmas card instead of "real" cards. I know it's a tacky thing to do, but again, it's the best I can do right now.
3. I am really starting to feel "at home" here, and so are the kids, they tell me how this place feels like a home, FINALLY, and they do not want to move again, but just travel around the world on vacations. :) That's easy enough.
4. I have been busy selling some of my crafts, and I got a part-time job in the evenings, I'm actually excited about it. It just means I will be even more busy. But the kids and I have come up with a saying to help us avoid the beast "stressed-out". If we see any of us getting all worked up and bogged down with stress, we just chant; "remember the chub-chubs in the google-tree forest....poor little things". I know it sounds odd, it is just some random phrase we came up with to remind us to smile and not let stress keep us from feeling joy. :) I'm sure you can imagine the voices that go along with such a phrase.
5. Bill and I went to his work Christmas party on Friday at the Grand American Hotel, and it was such a HUGE change from military banquets, but I still liked it. VERY stimulating conversation to say the least. (and a FABULOUS dinner)
6. My very brave cousin, Jon, babysat for us while we went to the Christmas party. He changed a horrible diaper, I think he said it was the second one in his life. He deserves a medal for doing such a kind thing for his bossy cousin. (a cute girl he is dating came over to help him, she showed up right on time to miss the diaper trauma, but I think he got major kudos for it anyway) :)
7. Saturday was busy, we started out with our church primary nativity play, Josh was the most amazing donkey I have ever seen, and Jade was as beautiful of an angel as they come. :) That was followed by Jade's first basketball game. (we took her out of swimming just for the basketball season, she found another sport she loves) After the game we went to the "Happy Sumo" for a sushi dinner. (THANK YOU ANDREA!!! that was the COOLEST gift!!!) Followed by a movie treat to "The Golden Compass". Overall, it was a really fun night as a family.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
My list of "JUNK" and a few pictures
8. I will close my long rambling "list" with some brilliant words of wisdom from my neighbor Alyse, (the one who helped me decorate my house). She has a check-list of qualifications for "Super-Mom". If you can check these things off, then you too are a "Super-Mom".
*1* Has the bleeding been stopped?
*2* Have all unintentional fires been extinguished?
*3* Has something healthy been offered?
And that's it! I love it! She is a blessing to have as a neighbor and friend. I will need to devote a long post just with "Alyse-wisdom". She has some great ideas for being a functioning mom, and has sure been a big support through our adjustment here. Hurray for "Super-Mom's"!!!
Posted by
Tara
at
1:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Great list! I LOVE the wrapped baby!! I think it's super cozy and it keeps YOU warm too!!
Hey, I say any kind of Christmas "card" is better than none, email included!
What is your part-time job? Sounds like it is interesting!
I have an Ergo carrier for Anne, similar to a wrap I guess. People always look at me funny when I am wearing her.
The Angel is beautiful and the donkey is too cute!
Hi Tara! Glad you left a comment. I had actually peeked at your blog after I looked at your inlaws blog. Good job getting them to do that! Looks like you are enjoying your new home!
The way that we did the background it a little tricky, you have to go to the html text and change some things, but first you have to find some digital scrapbook paper that you like download it, and then upload it to photobucket. If you you got to shabbyprincess.com they have some free kits you can download or twopeasinabucket.com (there are linked on my blog) My friend Amanda E. (you know from the ward) is the expert on it. If you want some more details, email me: vnschmidt@gmail.com! Merry Christmas!
and ps, our cat bit Vivi the other day, and i'm half tempted to give him the boot, i was so mad!
Post a Comment