Thursday, January 1, 2009

Way to start the New Year!

My dearest friend here, Alyse, came over this morning with her sisters who are visiting for the holidays. They made pendants, I taught them how to solder, I made matching lampwork beads, and they walked away with cute necklaces. It was so much fun to have "girl time" making jewelry! I can't think of a better activity on the first day of the year. And I was able to get Alyse to pick out one of my chunky bracelets too. She is such an amazing friend with such brilliant ideas for me, but it's like pulling teeth to get her to pick stuff out for herself. I'm glad I have Christmas as an excuse to give her something. She has contributed to the advancement of my creative world, more than she realizes. :)
Julie and Dena are Alyse's younger sisters, and it is SO fun to get to know them better. Alyse is one of those package deal friendships, there are so many good things that come along with being her friend. Awesome sisters are one of them. :)

4 comments:

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Next time you want some girl time, call me, I'd love to come up!! It sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Okay, so the girl in your pictures in the green, I swear I know her!! PLEASE find out if she went to Utah State! It will bug me until I found out! She was such a wonderful friend and I've lost touch.

I hope you have a wonderful New Year! CALL ME!! I'd love to chat.. I've called a couple times, but you never call back (hint, hint...). Have a great night!

Jamie and Family said...

Tara - Please tell Denae hi for me. I haven't seen her in years, but always keep up on her through Katie. :-) Small world!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i wanna come over!

Anonymous said...

Tara,
I'm so happy to be your friend! Life got so more better when you guys moved in! Thanks for sharing your amazing talents with my sisters! Also, I love my beautiful, one of a kind bracelet.

Alyse