Thursday, January 29, 2009

Can you believe it!?!

I HAVE A KILN!!!! this is it, a Skutt 1027. Not too big, not too small. Perfect for my size studio. This is it, minus the bottom, which is in my art room. The kids have already left a few nicks on the top, so I am anxious to get it out of the office and into it's little corner where it can be safely fired. :)
The base is waiting. (and I'm waiting for the master electrician, aka father-in-law, to wire up the room for this sucker)


I used to have a tall set of utility shelves in that corner. I split them, and they will be my drying shelves. I need to build shelves all over the walls to accommodate the supplies which are now taking up space on my drying shelves (as well as the supplies not yet acquired). Lots of work to do still. ;)

That corner sure seems empty right now. But it's going to be great when it's covered with shelves and tiles.

Everything that was on the metal shelves before, are now sandwiched in any space I could find on these shelves. It's quite crowded right now. I am really looking forward to building a few more shelves in this area. I sure need it!
So that's it for now. I will post more when all is said and done. I am more excited than I can express. I feel like a fish in water, finally!

4 comments:

Staci said...

YAh many amazing projects to come!

Lindsay said...

i know i already told you on the phone but still... i'm so freakin' excited for this for you!!! it's JUST what you need! and i knoooow you'll make really cool pieces that will clutter your shelves and you'll end up having to give away to your sisters. :) yay!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

I'm so excited for you! You deserve something fun like this! I really want to come up and just hang out! Call me!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

just so you know...i think my grandma told me that when she fired up her kiln her electric bill went through the roof. or gas..or heat..or whatever it uses.

but that WAS like a million years ago so maybe things have changed.

how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!