This is one way Jade and I spend time together. :) I figured since I'm using stained glass techniques to make the jewelry charms, I would put all the scrap glass I have together and make a "recycled" stained glass panel. It's 3' x 25".
I know it seems a bit large for our first project, that goes back to a wonderful pottery professor I had. When he has us handbuild a pot, we had to do one that was 3 ft tall, and THEN make one that was 14". After doing the large version, the little one was a breeze.
I am using old scrap glass, most of it free, left over florist pebbles, and some beach glass we picked up, so it doesn't fit together nicely, it's pretty crazy actually. But that's us! Jade has been foiling, burnishing, "puzzle making", and *learning to solder, all the little pieces. (*above photos)
We have really enjoyed learning this new skill together, and it will look much prettier in our kitchen window vs. the peel off stained glass that was on there before. She and I decided to make an "impressionist painting" since we are limited to what scraps and shapes we have. We have already soldered the boarder, and will just work piece by piece to put it together. Anyone guess what it is?
I know it seems a bit large for our first project, that goes back to a wonderful pottery professor I had. When he has us handbuild a pot, we had to do one that was 3 ft tall, and THEN make one that was 14". After doing the large version, the little one was a breeze.
I am using old scrap glass, most of it free, left over florist pebbles, and some beach glass we picked up, so it doesn't fit together nicely, it's pretty crazy actually. But that's us! Jade has been foiling, burnishing, "puzzle making", and *learning to solder, all the little pieces. (*above photos)


5 comments:
it's a mountain scape.. yes? i'm probably completely wrong but that's what i saw.
Well that is so beautiful!!! I love it! What a fun mother/daughter activity.
To me, it looks like a train at first glance, but in a very pretty setting....
I thought mountainscape as well. Its very pretty, You have such talent! I would love to have something like that in my house. Maybe one day!!! :O) Simply beautiful
My guesses: a sailing competition, a party with pyramids, a field of flowers, Michael Phelps.
Let me know.
The orange tulips were what popped out at me first with a blue sky. Then reading the other comments I finally saw the purple meshed in there too. I still see tulips.
Post a Comment