Monday, August 25, 2008

a little drama before school......would it be any other way?

really quick, here is an update on Jade's wall. This is 100% Jade's design and work. I was going to put a glaze over it to mute it down like my flower wall, but I'm not going to touch it, she loves it, and it's ALL her.



Today was the first day of school for both the kids. I love back-to-school. Although I am usually dog tired from staying up on some last min prep. Last night it was Jade's backpack. I was sewing some of her patches on. Jade loves unique patches and has some from the places we have lived. (I want to find a sushi patch and some cool retro or 80's punk themed ones, which are both styles she likes)
First thing first though. OF COURSE Eddie had to steal the lime-light first thing in the morning with a lovely blow-out. Before I could do anything else, into the dreaded bath he went. He LOVES showers, HATES baths. It was so funny, I had to take pictures of him during his tantrum.
He is SOOOOOO mad!!!

What a relief! Torture is over!
I will post a picture of Jade's backpack here later. She was so excited, she even took an extra patch to share with one of her best friends. There was a little of the usual drama to get Josh's lunch made, breakfast, the dozen times I had to remind him to brush his teeth, and trying to teach the art of tying shoes. (not the best morning for that, but we had time) The kids looked adorable, and both were so excited to go to school, they wanted to leave an hour early.
Jade is a 5th grader, and Josh is doing Kindergarten at a Challenger school. It's a little nutty driving to two different schools, but well worth it. I am really excited for them both this year, it's going to be great!

11 comments:

mica said...

Holy Cow, Jade! Your wall looks amazing!!! I so wish I had your talent... Being a great organizer/cleaner isn't as cool as being an artist.

And dang, Sister! Your mothering skills blow me away! How do you do so much in one morning???

Anonymous said...

Jade Danielson, you are awesome. Your bedroom walls are incredible. You never cease to amaze your Grama and Grampa. We love you!

Enos Heinzen said...

Josh looks so cute with his extra long tie and long shorts...or short pants...or whatever they are. Honestly what kind of kindergartener wears that nice of an outfit!

Jamie and Family said...

Yes, first of all that wall is so cute! I really do love it!!! Pretty soon I can ask Jade to come paint all over MY house!

Second, I dread the drama mornings can bring as that clock ticks so loudly to the parents and NOT to the kids! They do not seem to hear the 7 trillion times I say "EAT YOUR BREAKFAST!".

And I can relate to the different school part. Here, we have a different school for each of the following:
K
1st
2-3rd
4-6th
7-8th
High School
So Lexi and Jo go at diff times and diff schools!!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

okay so i would totally hire jade to come to my house (once i have one) and do some art on my kids' walls. she needs to start a business or something seriously that is freakin awesome. tell her that please. those colors are so cool and fun and i LOVE the design! i wonder where she gets it from?? hmm???

Aurie Jenkins said...

Jade needs to come do my boys rooms :O) She has such talent and such passion, I am really impressed. Way to let her creative talents flow mom!

Andrea said...

I love the wall. Jade has so much talent. Are you giving her lessons or is she self taught? I love it. Tell your kids good luck from the Mackeys this new school year.

jamiegilson said...

I agree with all of the above. That wall is absolutely amazing. You go Jade.

Lindsay said...

WOW... i showed someone at work jade's wall and they were like... did you do that? that's cool.. i was like.. no my 11 year old NIECE did it! he was like... "wow... that's freakin' incredible." i was like.. yeah.. i know... that's who she is. And what kind of school is josh going to that he has to dress like an english school lad. Those shorts do NOTHING for his figure. ha

Stephanie Kelly said...

Jade is freaking amazing my art at age 11 was POO! I am crazy jealious...I want to be that creative NOW! Your kids are just dolls!! Josh is adorable in that outfit! Oh yeah I was gunna ask you if you have ever been to Swiss Days in Midway? If not you should go this weekend (fri-Sat.)...there are a ton of venders selling crafts and stuff.(totally up your ally). And Midway is the cutest town ever...I would love to live there one day. All the homes look Swiss...adorable!

Chris Grover said...

holy cow, those walls are INCREDIBLE!! what talent! seriously, she's going to have all of us asking for help in decorating our houses! can you believe school is back?