OK, here are a few, (just a few:), of "before and after" pics of my art room. (Thanks for the requests, I wasn't sure if anyone was interested in seeing it, that's why I didn't post it earlier.) This is just a start, to make it functional for now........we have a lot of fun plans, but it will probably be a few years for it to be just the way I want. I think I mentioned this before, the previous owners took the old kitchen and put it down here when they remodeled, that was brilliant in my opinion.
There was a wall separating this long room from the storage room on the left. Right before all our stuff was delivered, Bill took out some stress on that wall. (it was planned, don't worry!) So it is partially removed in this first picture.
We are planning to put a kiln against this back wall somewhere, (depends on what safety code will allow), and there is a nice little empty corner in the storage area perfect for a wheel. We are going to stain the cement, paint everything else white most likely, including the cabinets, but I'm not sure what color I will paint the storage shelves, and we will put in additional lighting, (it's pretty dark in there now). There is a space about 4ft by 6ft and maybe 4 ft tall, under the back shelves, I'm giving that little space to Josh for HIS alone space since he has to share a room. As he puts it, he has no special place to go when he gets frustrated and needs alone time. (We have a portable DVD player, little table for some books, cushions, etc for that space, lucky kid) I also plan on getting creative with my trusty Dremmel tool and doing some cut-out designs in the upper cabinets and place some of my hoarded Japanese paper behind it.
Can you tell I'm excited? It is SO much fun to have a space ALL my own, without worrying about how it is decorated or functions for anyone else but ME.
Thank you, thank you Bill my love! This is the best gift!


8 comments:
I love the space, I am so excited for you, I know this room is a dream come true for you, it is so awesome and I know that are going to make it beautiful, because thats what you do and you are so good at it. I would love to see your space in person one of these days, or the whole house for that matter.
Our doors are ALWAYS open to any friends who are in the area, passing by, need a place to crash, or just want to visit. (or want to flee Vegas heat, Aurie?)
oh my SOOOOO fun!!!! i can't wait to come over and create fun stuff in there with you and jade!!
LOVE that room! I love that there is a space for everyone. Can't wait to see the progress!
WOW! Looks great Tara! Now you have to give me art classes... Have a great day!
That is SOOOOOOOO awesome for you and so perfect!!! I'm very excited for you!!!
Wow, I am jealous, I would love to a room to dedicate towards the girls arts and crafts and my hobbies. I can’t wait to see what you guys have done with the room once it’s finished.
I am excited to see what you are going to do with the place! Somehow you will make it the most beautiful room, ever. That's just what you do- you can't help it.
Post a Comment