If you want to know why I am kind of non-existent these days, it started with Eddie being sick for 2 weeks, and then the last 2 weeks have been my poor little Joshy-boy.
This is more miserable than it looks. We are going on 5 days of antibiotics, and he still wakes up and screams in pain throughout the night. I feel like a mom of a newborn again. Most of all, I HATE how sick he is, he weighs about 8 lbs more than Eddie, he looks like a walking skeleton. He is so weak and in pain.
I'm taking him in tomorrow again, this stuff can lead to a lot of yucky issues and it worries me that it has not gone away yet. I hope it's not at a serious level, cause sometimes it requires surgery, and can cause blindness and brain infections. Oh joy.
I'm sure it will all work out eventually, I just feel really sad for him. He is such a sweetheart, and keeps apologizing for waking me up at night, (I have been sleeping on the couch next to him for 5 days), and asking me to go up and down the stairs to get him stuff. (he hardly walks because it hurts too much, so I carry him everywhere) I keep telling him I will do anything he wants, I love him so much. He can't get any sweeter! Poor Joshy.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Josh and orbital cellulitis
Posted by
Tara
at
10:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Tara,
Poor guy! That is so sad and looks terrible. Is it getting any better with the antibiotics? I would hope by day 5 it would be improving...
Hang in there--it's so hard when your child is suffering. Sometimes its worse that when you are the one who is sick. Hope he gets better soon! Keep us posted!
Oh My gosh, that makes me want to cry. And after 5 days of antibiotics? Wow!!!!!!! It also reminds me of times when my eyes have been swelled shut for weeks and I literally wanted to die. I am so sorry you guys have this! You are a good mommy!
Oh, my heart is with you. Poor guy! I hope everything gets better soon! We'll be praying for you both!
OH
MY
FREAKIN
GOSH
TARA!!!!!
Poor stinkin josh...he looks so frail in those pics too, already so thin. i feel SOO sorry for that poor guy. i hope he gets better soon.
So weird that you posted about this cause Calli's Mom, her sister just had this. That's how I knew what it was when I saw the title of the post. Not sure who he is seeing but Dr. Jeppsen at the Mountain View Eye Center is amazing. He helped, Elisa's sister with hers. He is mine and Aly's eye doctor. Just in case you need a recommendation. I know it is in Layton but just figured I would shoot you an FYI. Their digits are 773-2233 . Hope something is figured out soon. This is no good for sure. YUCK.
OH MY GOSH. POOR BOY!!!!
Tara, I am so sorry. I will keep him in my prayers.
Oh my goodness! That is horrible! I hope he feels better soon! I'm surprised that they haven't put him in the hospital! With an infection looking that bad it could spread fast! Poor baby...and poor you! I hope he gets better soon. Prayers for you!
Oh my goodness. We are sending you happy thoughts and praying for Josh!
i heard about the surgery and i'm dying to know how things went. please update us!
Post a Comment