Wednesday, November 19, 2008

'Tis the season....... to be crazy

This has been my life for the last week. Making stuff for a local boutique. I always tell myself I will not go crazy over holiday shows, and every year I repeat this vicious cycle of all-nighters right before the boutique.
What better way to take a 4am break than to post a little something on the blog? :)

This is a shot of my table, one of the ongoing project stations. This is the lampwork "station" where I am making glass beads for the bookmarks and jewelry.
This is a picture of all three "work stations". Soldering glass charms for jewelry, making glass beads, and good-old-trusty beaded bookmarks. This is why I LOVE having my own art room. Never again will I destroy kitchen tables. And the best part, Bill can close the door and not look at the mess! :)


Sunday, Enos and Lindsay came over so Lindsay could start a project for baby Lucas. Jade and Josh wanted to help as well. They are making a really cute "pom-pom ball" rug. Lucas is going to have a monster theme baby room. (think "ugly doll meets hairy monster". I love my sister-in-law!)


Cute prego Lindsay. And two very excited cousins for Lucas.




7 comments:

Lindsay said...

thanks for letting me come over!!! we were so glad not to have to make dinner... and to be around other people... it always makes our sundays more fun. :) you guys are the best

Julia said...

I wanna come over and play...I love to do things like that! Sounds like so much fun! Show some goodies that you made! I have got to get some soldering stuff and learn how to do some things. There's some people that scrapbook little things and make a medallion for a necklace with it. It's really pretty!

jamiegilson said...

Your art room looks fantastic. I love it. And doesn't that sound great "YOUR art room." You're awesome Tara.

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Your art room looks great! I want to come see it sometime! Maybe your can give me some art lessons while I'm there....

Jodi Hansen said...

Good luck with the show. I still need to get with you on the bookmarks I need ;0) Talk to you soon!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i know i've said this b4 but i really love ur wall of plates and i'm gonna copy it. yes..slowly but surely i will copy this wall of plates.

Chris Grover said...

i can't get over how GREAT your art room is. seriously, makes me want to go create something, even though i'm horrible at it! and that rug?! brilliantly creative! i love it!