"G.E.M." stands for "Genetically Engineered Mouse". Josh named him Max.
We are trying to find a home for our sweet Wayne Sushi, due to the fact that he does not like babies and bites them. We had heard that Lhasa's are not great with tiny children, but we got him when Josh was 3, and we did not think we were going to have any more, so it's wasn't an issue before. It is part of their breed, they are nippy with small kids. He does not like Eddie AT ALL, and gives a threatening growl if Eddie gets anywhere near him. So that is the newest drama happening at our house and the kids are trying to deal with it.
Back to Max. My brother, Enos, works at a research lab at BYU working with lab mice. I won't go into all the gory details of what he does, except that he "created" this "zebra" mouse. Half it's DNA came from actual "mom and dad" mice, the other half was genetically engineered by my brother and his team. This guy did not come out with full stripes, but close, zebra splotches I guess, and he is sterile, so they were going to destroy him. We saved his life, and he is now our Max. (Joshua's favorite cousin's name is Max) THANK YOU UNCLE ENOS!!!
Friday, October 5, 2007
Our new "G.E.M." Max
Posted by
Tara
at
9:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
poor wayne. We got rid of our dog before Landon was born because she was the same way around kids. We now have another one that landon chases everywhere (poor thing) but she is good with him. Its harder though when your kids are so attached too. :O( Sorry and good luck!
So sad that Wayne must be adopted by another family. I'm sure that he will be happy with whomever you choose.
Max looks like a lot of fun! How cool to have a G.E.M.!
crazy about the mouse! I hope you find a good home for Wayne.
That is SO sad about your poor Wayne, I feel sad inside. I never thought about that happening when I have a new baby, I hope Roscoe doesn't do that because it would kill me to have to give him up. How are you dealing with this?!
Sorry, that drama is over with Wayne leaving. Jade
Post a Comment