Sunday, June 24, 2007

ordinary quiet sunday

Today was a nice, quiet Sunday. Nothing eventful, except that we went to church as a family since Bill is now here with us, so that was nice. I like Sunday because it truly is a "rest" day, usually slow and relaxed except for the occasional fighting spurts that are normal with the kids.



We are about to leave for church here, it's across the street from the house. The kids are not looking too happy, but they really are. :) Just to clarify for anyone who doesn't already know, we are living in Bill's parent's home while they are on their mission in Temple Square, (Bill actually works right across the street from where they live). It is so wonderful and kind that they would open their home to us, and the timing has worked out perfect.


Me n' Eddie. My second mamas boy. He just melts with me, and I love it! I didn't think I would love being a mom this much, but I do! Bill says I am going to spoil this one, I am acting like a first time mom!

By the way, I cut my hair short again. I am working my way towards the short pixie haircut, that's my hairstyle goal. :) Sunday is also a day for reflection for me. I have come up with a short list of goals that I want to accomplish while in my 30's, I'll share a few with you. I want to run a marathon, visit China, have a second honeymoon, read the Bible cover to cover, go back to school and at least resume my study in ceramic art/pottery, and I want to feel confident enough to chop all my hair off, (it just gets in the way most of the time) and have a short boy cut. Not lofty goals by any means, but I do actually want to reach them while in my 30's. One more note on this, I think ones 30's rock, anyone who has a complex about being in their 30's should call me. And my 40's are going to be even better!

3 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

cute hair cut and great goals! I am like a first time mom again with #3, who knows why?

Aurie Jenkins said...

Your hair looks great and I totally love your goals its nice to set goals and achieve them it gives you a feeling of great accomplishment so good luck with those. I am so glad that you are enjoying Edmund and just motherhood in general, there are such great babies when you finally figure otu whats wrong and can fix it. Poor things its not there fault they are sick. :O)

Chris Grover said...

Don't cha just love Sunday's? So relaxing! I really love your hair -- I have always been so jealous of people with beautiful curls! And what great goals! I would do well to make a few of those myself!